Hello people of Agarp! Welcome to our new website and beta release!
With our big beta release, we’ve decided to redesign the website all together making our new blog the home of our announcements! The announcements on the forums will be deprecated which means announcements will not be placed there and all RSS feed grabbers will be dropped from that location (and eventually fully removed). With that said, the forums will stay the main source of bug reporting, general conversation and new ideas! We will continue to develop the forums further than what it is and keep it updated as much as possible!
So with beta now here, we’re proud to announce Windows users now have a .exe they can run out of the box instead of a .jar! You will still require Java to be installed but it will allow users to run the game easier! The updater is also designed to update .exe!
So to beta’s changelog:
- Much cleaner zoom camera
- Mouse buttons/wheel are now bindable
- Keybinds are now saved
- Added a GUI for the ignore list
- In-game support for texture packs (%appdata%\Agarp\themes)
- Added a refresh button the server lists
- Improved updater (Should update it’s self properly now)
- .exe for Windows users! (Updater will update .exe too)
- Name field is now saved in settings
- Nice little splash screen
- 8 more chat colors added for subscribers
- InviteMenu & LoginMenu are always on top now
- Transparent cells
- Backgrounds can be added to texture packs
- Fixed the broken “Changelog” button
- Added a faster “W” spam macro
- Optimized packets/rendering
- Fixed the “VERSION” chat message being shown on connection
- Pressing the up arrow in the chat text field will scroll through your chat history
- Subscribers can now save their in game subscriber settings (like custom skin) by using the !save command
- 2 new gamemodes: <ul style="list-style-type: disc;">
- Extreme FFA – Food/virus/player size increased, players shoot out viruses, constant rainbow
- Power ups – 5 New powerups added to the game
We hope you enjoy the new updates to Agarp’s website and game! Countless hours have gone in to this project and it’s been a long journey but we are slowly getting to a stable point!
It’s been an awesome ride and I can’t wait for the countless months I myself and the team get to spend with you guys as a community!